ralt962

Mach 1

Sad to see the Mach 1 brand going to a crossover EV.  Would have been nice to do a 50th anniversary this year.  Must be too many different Mustang sub brands coming out all at once.

I'm pretty disappointed that there is no real appreciation for the iconic Mustang names. I feel like Ford must be run by people who don't understand how taking the MACH 1 name and using in any platform other than Mustang is offensive to some of us. Chevy did the same thing with the Nova in the 80's and it killed the line completely. Ford will loose an opportunity to real in more sales with another nostalgic name if they let the EV SUV take the MACH 1 name.

Of course I am super biased on this point.

1 minute ago, MN69Grande said:

Maybe it could have been an all-wheel drive dual motor Tesla beating EV Mustang.... Would that be better or worse use of the name?

So long as it is a Mustang sportin the MACH 1 name EV is okay with me. Oh and if it's a Tesla killer that would be icing on the cake.

No disrespect to Tesla owners, but I'm all about Mustang being number 1!

I got my 69 Mach last year in anticipation of a 50th anniversary model. Seemed like a no-brainer for Ford. The SUV is just a proposition for now but I don’t think it will be named a Mach. 

Still hopeful there will be one announced soon. The GT500 looks like it’s gonna be killer though.

13 minutes ago, MN69Grande said:

Ran across this today... A little bit scarey. 

https://www.motor1.com/news/237009/ford-mustang-based-electric-suv/

What the hell is worng with these fools?????????????? Sadly some morons will buy them and say they own a Mustang. Should not be permitted in any selfrespecting Mustang Club.