lanky

Which headlights are bright and fit?

3 hours ago, lanky said:

That is very helpful. I'm not fully decided on high beams, but it seems that the Hella "BiFocals" (which I suspect are actually the Hella Vision Plus since I can't find a product by that name) are the way to go for outers.

One question, when switching to the h1 style outers, can't you just connect the 2 leads which were the positives for hi and low together? I was thinking it would probably be easier to buy 2 male headlight plugs and splice the 2 positive leads into 1 and then add whatever style connector is used for h1 style housings. 

Sounds like you are trying to keep outers on without using a jumper. 

14 minutes ago, aslanefe said:

Sounds like you are trying to keep outers on without using a jumper. 

...which sounds like it would feed back and give you high beams all the time- with no low. That's why I need a picture- the devil is in the details.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:02 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

EDIT EDIT

You will need to add a couple of relays and a harness wired directly to the battery because these halogens pull substantially more amps and will fry your light switch and wires.

Stern has finally found DOT approved LEDs. The link is in a later post below. I don't care for them because they look like multifaceted bug eyes.

All the other LED lights that I looked at are made by tiny little companies that don't do any testing. They are not DOT approved and I don't recommend them.

HEADLIGHTS.pdf

headlights3.doc

Mach 1 Thanks for posting this great info, I need to redo the wiring for mine that the original owner did.

I already have a beefy relay system in place with 12ga wiring. For the outers if you use h1 style they are single filament bulbs which means if you don't do one of two things the outers would turn off when hi beams are turned on. You can jump the foot switch like mentioned, or use/make an adapter that plugs into the female lamp socket like I mentioned. I don't know what is meant by feedback. Yes it would power the leads for the low side but that shouldnt do anything detrimental.

1 hour ago, lanky said:

I already have a beefy relay system in place with 12ga wiring. For the outers if you use h1 style they are single filament bulbs which means if you don't do one of two things the outers would turn off when hi beams are turned on. You can jump the foot switch like mentioned, or use/make an adapter that plugs into the female lamp socket like I mentioned. I don't know what is meant by feedback. Yes it would power the leads for the low side but that shouldnt do anything detrimental.

As I said, without a drawing I don't know what you are doing to the circuit, sorry. PM me and we can email if that works better for you.