Cantedvalve

Helped my son build a Boss 429 engine this evening

The distributor doesn't fit.... I have a kit that came with both 351C and Boss 429 engines (and really, what other engines really matter?), and it cam with 2 distributors.  Neither one will fit into the hole due to interference on the intake.  I am going to scrap a little chrome off the intake and glue the distributor just in front of the hole.

Son wanted Boss 429 stickers for the valve covers...  I might see if I can do some.

15 minutes ago, Cantedvalve said:

The distributor doesn't fit.... I have a kit that came with both 351C and Boss 429 engines (and really, what other engines really matter?), and it cam with 2 distributors.  Neither one will fit into the hole due to interference on the intake.  I am going to scrap a little chrome off the intake and glue the distributor just in front of the hole.

Son wanted Boss 429 stickers for the valve covers...  I might see if I can do some.

If I'm looking to add extra details such as spark plug wires and hoses, or photo-etched detail kits, I go to this web site:  https://www.squadron.com/category-s/3448.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIquD-oJLB2AIVCKvsCh0V9wVBEAAYASAAEgLiHfD_BwE#?filters=filter.Brand=SQUADRON TOOLS÷SQUADRON PRODUCTS|page=1