Thought I would put a quick post on my recently completed fenderwell wiring for my 1970 convertible.  I am going to put the pictures below.   To avoid duplicating a lot of explanation, if you want more details, head over to my 1970 Convertible Project Page.  

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

This is actually 1/2" flexible non-metallic conduit that is covered in 1" heavy wall heat shrink.   

The conduit is what you would use at home to run wiring outside.  The connectors are watertight.   I did not like the grey color, so I got some large 3M heat shrink and covered it in black.   

More details on my 1970 convertible project site.

Here is how I did the passengers side of my 69.

1st pic, The wires that go from the center firewall hole to the solenoid I ran across the top of the firewall just under the cowl lip securing it w/a clip attached to one of the export brace bolts & then drilled a 7/8" hole in the r/s rear inner fender panel just below the hood hinge, installed a grommet & ran the harness out under the fender.

57111-1-10-18-ran-wires-to-solenoid-acro

2nd pic, How the harness is routed under the fender.

57112-1-10-18-solenoid-wires-routed-unde

3rd pic, The harness re-enters the engine compartment through another grommet in the lower part of the r/s front inner fender panel & hooks to the solenoid.

57113-1-10-18-solenoid-wires-come-back-i

Nice job.  Also see the new terminal block for the fan breaker wires.  I got some of those from BlueSea, a Marine supplier.   I like the location of the lower grommets, they will be hard to see once the engine is in.   Guess you are going with a trunk mounted battery, as the battery tray isn't in...?

I finished my passenger side fenderwell wiring with the installation of my second flex conduit.  That is used for my main power cable to the front of the car, and some spare wires going into the passenger compartment.   

IMG_3339.jpg