MAC390

Don't use cheap tension straps

Loaded the car onto the trailer this morning ready to get it weighed for registration next week.

Car all hooked up move off a bit and car rolls off the trailer down my drive and goes straight into my eldest one's bedroom.

N o one in there thank goodness. just like a movie. I AM GUTTED!!!!.

New window frame and glass , the car needs new rh rear eyebrow, rear bar , maybe a tail light panel and some rear quarter panel work.

Maybe because i just replaced all of this the damage is not that bad, just gonna put it back a few moths till we are driving the car.

My WIFE IS GOING TO GET SOME MILEAGE OUT OF THIS SPECIALLY ON FACE BOOK.. Just looked like a scene from a movie.

Those tie downs just snapped, and was in park , just moved it to check before going.

Really feel bad  and a jerk. Moved so many cars on trailers and my trailer is a custom built good one.

P1010323.JPG

P1010325.JPG

P1010326.JPG

P1010328.JPG

20180102_200858.thumb.png.64c6f029bdd78e95e2811e0390ea3494.png

I feel for you buddy.  As noted, no one was hurt. And you're not alone causing damage to your pride and joy in dumb ways. 

If misery loves company, I added trans fluid to my 69 a few months after complete paint circa 1992 while it was running. My 2 year old was next to me one minute, and when the car took of in reverse I couldn't see him. Scared the dickens out of me. Car stopped at the side gate post. No injuries, lots of damage. 

Hang in there brother. 

Stripped the rear busted bits off  and pushed out the compressed rhs tail light panel.

Not looking as bad as when it happened, but i have the sh$^s bad.

Got to replace the rear bar, will repair the rear valance, need to get a rhs rear eyebrow, will look on e bay.

I towed my completed car to the engineer 2 weeks ago, tied it on with 4 of these 2000kg ratchet straps and it never moved even when I had to swerve to miss a suicidal maniac on the highway. By the way my car weighed in at 1440kg with a 302 engine.

Engineer Ballina 002.JPG

Dude, that is a shame.  Thank goodness no one was hurt.   I always use wheel chocks when I am getting my tie-downs set.  I also cross the rear tie downs so the car won't move sideways.

Same but different.  I had a GMC Jimmy (small SUV) in college.  One day I drove back to my apartment in a hurry to get something for something.  Jumped out, ran upstairs, grabbed the something, and came back down to find my truck GONE.  I looked up the street, then down... found it.  I hadn't got the gearshift all the way to park... jumped out with it in reverse.  It went backwards until a tree stopped it.  It hit on the spare tire on the tailgate.  Minimal damage.... could have been way worse.

We've all been there.  Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Mac . I feel for you mate. I thought i had issues. I have no issues compared to that. Do you have insurance on the mustang?. Glad no one was hurt , thats the main thing. Thank goodness  you weren't down the road and it come off. I might have been a lot worse. 

Thanks guys, still feel like crap.

Pulled the rear of the car apart and my buddy who paints my cars came over to look at the damage.

I have already fitted up a dynacorn rear valance , they are a very ordinary stamping but i modified it to suit the rear quarters .

Pleasantly surprised how good it's come out. I will jack out the rear right hand tail light panel with the porta power area so it won't need to be replaced.

The car stuffed the window completely , 3 weeks for the new frame and glass, oh well it can only get better from here.

hi

sorry to see your mishap to your car in a few weeks it be back to normal

had the same thing off the back of a tow truck strap snapped and rolled back into shed and 3 dents into quarter

from trying to stop hitting the shed no paint damage luckly

candy paint job dent repair guy fixed the dent and no repaint

easy to happen

if you need any parts let know and see if i have it

best of luck

cheers barry 

20150403_185554.jpg