Sign in to follow this  
Shep69

Trunk Letters

I’m about to place my mustang letters back on the trunk lid. I opted to use the pin style as the holes were already there. Any tips . I just don’t want to force them through the inserts and dent the trunk lid. 

Cheers Mark

Just use the bit by twisting with index finger and thumb, don't put the  bit in the drill. Be careful when pulling bit out. Needs to be spinning also. Barrel nuts need to be tight before installing the letters or letters will be come loose over a short period of time

Test fit them first and stand back and look at them before attaching permanently (with the nuts) -- I had a problem with one of the re-popped letters being crooked (I think it was the "N") and had to tweak things to get it straight.

I also had the OEM lid with the factory holes.

8 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

Test fit them first and stand back and look at them before attaching permanently (with the nuts) -- I had a problem with one of the re-popped letters being crooked (I think it was the "N") and had to tweak things to get it straight.

I also had the OEM lid with the factory holes.

I had the factory letters fitted before my resto and I’m sure they weren’t perfect.  It was the way the lid was stamped with the holes from the factory. 

Raven how did you get them straight?  Im starting to think I should have just got the stick on letters.