Sign in to follow this  
jholmes217

Mean Machine Award!

7 hours ago, bigmal said:

All of it. Looks like a really original car.

Well, it's not that original when you pop the hood.  My intention was to get it on the road and have fun with it while stocking up on original parts for a restoration in the future when I bought it in 2010.  Since 2010, I've picked up exhaust and intake manifolds, carburetor, distributor, and some smaller items.  Still looking for a stock air cleaner assembly, and fuel pump.

But right now, it has Hooker Super Comp headers, Mallory Unilite Distributor, 280H Oregon Cam, port matched Edelbrock Streetmaster intake manifold, 1 inch Super Sucker spacer, Edelbrock water pump, oval air cleaner with K&N air filter, Precision Oil Pumps roller rockers and spacers, and an improvised ram air system using an early 1969 hood with the "pie cut-outs" and some other easily reversed mods.  I've really noticed a difference since adding the ram air in hot weather.  Having the carn sealed off from the hot under-hood temperatures, and letting it breathe cooler outside air really helps with drivability on hot days, especially in heavy stop and go traffic.

In present form, it moves out very nicely when I let out the clutch and hit the happy pedal!  My boys love it when I roast the tires!

engine 1.jpg

engine 2.jpg