Spider69

Swaybar rubber and end links replacment

Hi,

I replaced the 2 rubbers and the end links of my standard swaybar (mach one 69).

No issue to remove every thing but not so easy to install the new end links.

I replaced the old rubbers with polyurethane ones.

First of all I fixed the front rubbers and the first end link, not easy to align but it's done.

Not the same story for the second one, it was not possible to align correctly the end of the swaybar with the hole in the suspension arm.

I could finally fix the second end link and tighten the bolt.

But the end link rubbers seems not very well positioned!

How can I be sure that the installation is correct?

2/5000

Might be a good time to read up on the ' upper arm support tool '  or 2x4 ?  Yes both sides of the sway bar should be equal-equal.  It is possible to install the sway bar upside down ?  The ' spacer ' length  is not the same for all Mustangs.  Just some stuff to verify ?  Brian

69 Upper Arm Support Tool L. 1.JPG

You really dont need a tool to get the sway bar links in as long as the car is on leval ground or both sides are jacked up the same heith and both lower control arms are the same distance from the bottom of the frame rail .if one lower control arm is higher or lower than the other one you are trying to fight the bar

I installed a heavy duty bar a while back.  I installed the ends first with the center loosely held in place.  I have the ends in the right spot now but have not tightened up the middle.  I was waiting to get it on the ground.  Is this going to be an issue?

It's not easy to get the factory sway bar to line up.  Especially if the car has been lowered and they are polyurethane bushings.  I've done this two different methods.  (1) I installed the end links first, then the frame bushings.  (2) I install the frame bushings first, then the end links.

If you choose to install the frame bushings first, leave them loose.  Then, when installing the last end link assembly, you might need to raise or lower the wheel on the other side that already has an end link assembly installed.