Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Carpet install.

I am installing the carpet from ACC & was wondering if someone could take a picture of where the seam is on the floor, & if the front section goes over the rear section or the rear section over the front. IIRC from my 68 Coupe, but that was 26 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy I thought the front section goes over the rear section.

I have mentioned this before, but you might consider adding insulating material under the carpet above the hump and where the feet are in front.  The engine can transfer a lot of heat into the floor, more so when the car is in slow traffic. 

18 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

Interior looking good, whats your target date to drive it??

Thanks Casey. I want to have it running by its 50th birthday which is 11/26/18. I have to have the engine built, wire the car & install the engine & the trans, hook it all up, & install efi system & run fuel lines.

15 hours ago, danno said:

I have mentioned this before, but you might consider adding insulating material under the carpet above the hump and where the feet are in front.  The engine can transfer a lot of heat into the floor, more so when the car is in slow traffic. 

danno, I did. It has the factory firewall insulation behind the heater box, & the Fat Mat insulation on the trans tunnel, both toe boards, & behind where the fuse box will be.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:13 PM, Caseyrhe said:

Rear goes in last, covers front, rear should have finished vinyl edge that faces front. 

Make sure you install the seat belts and center console before bolting in rhe seats

I just put my carpet in.  Same ACC.  The vinyl edge ends up just over the front edge of the seat riser.  That seemed the best fit.  Install the vent covers as you are putting in the front piece of carpet.  Cutting the front edge of the carpet at the cover takes a little bit of time to get correct.