Cantedvalve

Distinctive Industries upholstery - missing listing channels?

So here I am busting my ass to get the vinyl on the bottom of the driver seat.  I finally have it to a point where I need to put in the listing rods... but where are the listing pockets that the rods go in?  There were two on top of the vinyl, and there are supposed to be 4 on the bottom (L R F B) and there are none.  Are you kidding me?  Has anyone else run into this?

I actually sent messages to both Cal-Mustang and Distinctive.  Distinctive told me to talk to Cal-Mustang.  Cal-Mustang checked with Distinctive and they intentionally do not put listing channels on the bottom edges of the upholstery.  I think what I am going to do is put a wire in the overlap area (poke a small hole, slide wire in).  Knowing that they are correctly made allows me to finish the seats.  So far they look GOOD.

19 hours ago, 69ShelbyGT350H said:

I believe there are only 2, at last on the 69 seat. They go on the sides to help create the side bolsters.

Just checked my 69 highback (Deluxe) seat bottom and think there might actually be 3 listing rods. Will report back when I find the one that I have apart.

Mine definitely has channels on all 4 sides.  I checked the passenger seat (still intact) just to be sure.  You can see the sides and front in the first photo (marked by rust), and in the second I had to fold back the vinyl to see the back listing pocket.  All have wire in them.IMG_0356.thumb.JPG.f91500b7ce84225030f9245597161039.JPGIMG_0359.thumb.JPG.b0bab14b64b35d290c6377646663b146.JPG

I did get a response from Distinctive (through Cal-Mustang) and they don't put listing rod pockets at the bottom edges of their vinyl.  I put some wire in the stitched overlap (where I was hog ringing it anyway) and that worked very well.

IMG_0355.thumb.JPG.4b504cb11bdebc93ee8b2d89738e1e1d.JPG

So I did the seat back, but it didn't turn out as well as the bottom.  The big issue is the horizontal listing wire just under the front of the headrest area.  I got it secured, but... well lookimage.thumb.jpg.4cda950494799e974543a8db5e5218ec.jpg

It is as if the fasten point is lower than the bolsters will allow.  This makes it bunch up.  

Okay, on the foam there were two channels for that horizontal listing.  I chose the lower one as it felt like there was a better chance to anchor to something there.  However, it appears that the original anchored higher.  So I'm pulling this apart and redoing it.

image.jpg