Vicfreg

VHX Dakota Digital Dash Gauges Box Installation

My VHX gauge system is on the way.  Any pictures/hints/lessons learned about wiring it up, where to locate and mount the interface box would be greatly appreciated.  I will post my progress on my 1970 convertible project site once I get started.  

I set mine on the sheetmetal that is above the radio seemed to be a great spot for it to me. Then I ran the adjustment controls over to the glove box because you have to be able to access them to calibrate the speedo. I had my wife take a car with cruise and then I was able to follow her on the highway and could set it that way. It was fairly easy. Setting the gas gauge was a pia. You have to be able to put 5 gals of gas in set that on 1/4, put 10 gals of gas in set that on 1/2 ,and then if I remeber right fill it up with 10 more and set that at full. So having 4 5 gal gas cans helped. But you do have to have the tank empty to start calibrating it.Now if you have A/C thats where the vents are so that spot wouldnt work. I dont so it was perfect.

Thanks.  I have A/C, so I think I am going to put the VHX box in the glove compartment.   Appreciate the hint on the gas gauge, I will keep mine empty till I get ready to do the calibration....