Sign in to follow this  
ralt962

correct label locations

Can anyone point to place to find the correct locations for some of the basic stickers/labels on the 69.  "Caution Fan" I can figure out, although I believe the Mach 1 didnt get one.

Others like tire inflation, jacking instructions, service intervals, etc. 

thanks,

Well, the long answer is that it varies depending upon where your car was built and when it was built.

But generally speaking...

NO '69's got a "CAUTION FAN" decal at the factory. They may have been added by a dealership if they were serviced later on - due to a Ford service bulletin. They are generally considered incorrect on a '69.

Tire inflation sticker goes on the drivers door, above the latch. Note that there are A. B, C and D versions based upon when your car was built.

Jacking instructions go on the underside of the trunk lid. Location varies wildly depending on when and where your car was built.

Service info goes in the engine compartment and varies widely based upon - you guessed it - when and where it was built. Most Dearborn cars are on the driver's shock tower. San Jose cars may be on the drivers side inner fender well. My June '69 Dearborn car fell into a time period where they were putting them on the passenger side shock tower.

Post if you've got any more decal questions, this kind of stuff fascinates me...

1 hour ago, 69RavenConv said:

Well, the long answer is that it varies depending upon where your car was built and when it was built.

But generally speaking...

NO '69's got a "CAUTION FAN" decal at the factory. They may have been added by a dealership if they were serviced later on - due to a Ford service bulletin. They are generally considered incorrect on a '69.

Tire inflation sticker goes on the drivers door, above the latch. Note that there are A. B, C and D versions based upon when your car was built.

Jacking instructions go on the underside of the trunk lid. Location varies wildly depending on when and where your car was built.

Service info goes in the engine compartment and varies widely based upon - you guessed it - when and where it was built. Most Dearborn cars are on the driver's shock tower. San Jose cars may be on the drivers side inner fender well. My June '69 Dearborn car fell into a time period where they were putting them on the passenger side shock tower.

Post if you've got any more decal questions, this kind of stuff fascinates me...

It is pretty interesting.  These days the plants have very strict instructions on where to put labels.  

Mine is a Mach 1 built 1/9/69.  Metuchen build.  There are no labels due to the complete restoration.  I've looked at a number of pictures of some of the real concours cars.  Didnt realize that the various plant builds were so different.  Mine is not headed for the trailer class so I'll get close.

thanks for the replys.

Very nice!  Those pretty much are the ones I was looking for.  Thank you guys for the help.  

Where possible I want to make it as correct as I can.  

Spent 37 years at Ford, almost all in Truck.  It was a different world back in the 70's.  

thanks again,