Mike65

What bolts for the shifter boot to the floor?.

Since I acquired my car as a shell & most all of the screw, nuts, & bolts were missing I have had to get all I was missing. Now that I am working on the interior I was wondering what screws/bolts are used to secure the shifter boot to the floor? I found these screws on CJ's web site for an auto shifter assembly to the floor & was wondering if those are the right ones?.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/69-a-t-shifter-assy-to-floor-4-hardware-only-1969/p/F1239/

I looked in my Osborn chasis assembly manual & it says to use existing screws. WTF is that supposed to mean?. 

If I remember right (and I can't guarantee it. LOL), there's 4 sheet metal screws - maybe #6 or #8's - that attach each corner of the rubber boot to the transmission tunnel (If you've replaced your tunnel you may have to drill the holes for the screws). The chrome trim then goes over the boot and is held in place by the last fold in the rubber.

They are simply 1/4"-20 UNC machine screws or hex head bolts.  They get covered so don't worry much about being "correct".  I will add, if the boot has the square opening for the Hurst shifter, it's a poor reproduction.  They are very rigid and tear after very little use.  If they don't tear, being so rigid, makes the shifter difficult to pull into 4th gear or reverse.