ralt962

69 Sportroof fixed rear seat package

The picture is from the basket case of a car when I bought it.  After a major rotisserie rebuild, I'm finally putting the interior back together.  But I cant find parts that would fill this gap between the fixed rear seat and the quarter trim panel.  Shop manual shows a curved filler piece that goes between the seat and the panel.  But Im struggling to find the correct parts.  But it still looks like something is missing.  They wouldn't leave this large of a gap. 

Anyone have suggestions?

P7211312.JPG

I'm pretty sure I dont have that part.  Although the package tray did attach to the top of the seat back.  If you have an extra, please let me know the $$ if you would like to part with it.

Interesting that no one makes those parts.  I can see them in the shop manual drawings but nothing in any of the catalogs.  It was fiberglass originally?  I spent 37 years at Ford, I'll ask of few of my FCSD friends to see if they have access.

thanks again for the info. rsteven1@comcast.net  if you are interested in selling the top support.

There is a repo  metal piece that goes across the top of seat steel back  and package tray available  because i bought one but it's been so long I forget where I got it. Probably Kentucky Mustang. It was a nice piece too for repo. I got the end caps too I am thinking with the repo interior quarter panels but they were crap.

8 hours ago, det0326 said:

There is a repo  metal piece that goes across the top of seat steel back  and package tray available  because i bought one but it's been so long I forget where I got it. Probably Kentucky Mustang. It was a nice piece too for repo. I got the end caps too I am thinking with the repo interior quarter panels but they were crap.

Good thought.  I checked out Kentucky Mustang but could not find the same parts.  

So Ridge Runner, let me know if you run across the parts.    It seems  like everyone must have fold down seats so these parts don't get much volume.  No one that I can find carries them.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Wasnt able to look for it today ,very buisy ,did everyone wait untill November to order parts or somthing ? I have had more work since the first than most of the year ...looks like i am working thanksgiving day 

Christmas shopping?

20 hours ago, ralt962 said:

Good thought.  I checked out Kentucky Mustang but could not find the same parts.  

The more I think about this, I believe that long channel piece came with the repo package tray bracket/support. The metal piece under the fiber package tray. My car was missing this and had to buy repo part.  It was not listed in the description either but when I received it to my surprise it was in the box. 

I was able to buy both the caps and the cross bar.  Thanks for checking for me.  This will help fill in the gap.  It sure seems that the gap along the seat to the 1/4 trim still seems wide.  I have not put the back seat back in yet.   Is there a width difference between a fold down seat and a fixed seat?

21 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Same seat ,the fold down just has latches instead of being bolted in solid. There had to be a gap between the seat and the side panels toallow the seat to fold down without rubbing

Thanks.  Amazing the way the gaps and margins where so accepted back when these were built.  I've taken the seat apart so I can so a better job of centering it.  Then I'll see how it goes with the top caps I just purchased.  Original parts.