Shep69

Onto My Next Issue Brakes.

10 hours ago, Shep69 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been off the grid for a while.

So I replaced the master cylinder after bench bleeding it. Still crap brakes. So I decided to do a vacuum test on the recently installed new booster using a hand vacuum pump and gauge. BOOM . The new booster had an issue. It wouldn’t hold vacuum. I was lucky enough that I had another new spare one . I tested it and it held vacuum overnight. 

After installing the booster I finally have brakes. So I guess even though the parts were new they still were defective. I’m kicking myself as I didn’t think of it earlier.

hope this helps

Mark

Hi Shep, where did you get the tester. I have suspected my booster is dodgy since I installed it two years ago and would like to test it.

2 hours ago, bigmal said:

Hi Shep, where did you get the tester. I have suspected my booster is dodgy since I installed it two years ago and would like to test it.

I already had a vacuum gauge. I just borrowed a vac pump from work and put a t- piece in. You can buy the cheap hand pump vac gauges at most automotive stores.