ralt962

Windshield molding clips

Attempted to install a set of new windshield and back glass clips to the studs.  The repo parts I purchased from NPD didnt seem to work at all.  Looking at the handful of parts it seemed there were a couple different stampings.  They were loose on the post or didnt go on at all.  I buy a lot of stuff from NPD and its usually very good.  I live near a warehouse which is very convenient.  

Suggestions for purchasing a better part?  Anyone else have this issue?

I ordered new clips from CJ Pony Parts.  They claim the bottom clip here is for the windshield and the upper clip is for the rear window.  NPD didnt distinguish.  Can any one confirm this?  I put a few on and they seemed to work in that order.  But have not put them all on yet.

clips.thumb.jpg.18d7c49c7ade998d638b7bafe09ccfb6.jpg

I buy my clips from my local paint supplier ,they are the exact same as the original ,even the same color ,red or green. I am not sure the aftermarket black clips are spring steel like the originals and may spread out when they are installed . I use the same clip front and back on the sports roofs .