bogie240

parking brake light

I have a 69 Mach 1 and I want to get my parking brake light working. Does anyone know where the single wire from the Parking Brake assemble attaches to. I looked at wiring diagram but it isn't defined enough. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, bogie240! Is the light in question the one pictured below? If so, the wire runs to a switch attached to the parking brake assembly under the driver's side dash. It closes when the pedal is depressed. I can get more details off my car if this is the light in question

DSCN1322.thumb.JPG.0e9999abb5e8d4f82dc505e403b3dab1.JPG

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had a parking brake warning light.

West Coast Classic Cougar sells used switches, and probably the light too. Power comes from ignition switch terminal C, which has voltage in "on" and "start". That goes directly to the light, and from the light to the switch. From the picture it looks like its not really a switch. I think the sort of "U" shaped spring contacts the sheet metal of the parking brake when it is engaged. All the light needs is a ground, as one side is connected to power, and this provides the path to ground. See the attachment.

parking brake switch.odt

edit, see below for a word.doc

7 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had a parking brake warning light.

West Coast Classic Cougar sells used switches, and probably the light too. Power comes from ignition switch terminal C, which has voltage in "on" and "start". That goes directly to the light, and from the light to the switch. From the picture it looks like its not really a switch. I think the sort of "U" shaped spring contacts the sheet metal of the parking brake when it is engaged. All the light needs is a ground, as one side is connected to power, and this provides the path to ground. See the attachment.

parking brake switch.odt

You want to check the suffix of your link?

On 10/30/2017 at 11:08 AM, bogie240 said:

I have a 69 Mach 1 and I want to get my parking brake light working. Does anyone know where the single wire from the Parking Brake assemble attaches to. I looked at wiring diagram but it isn't defined enough. Thanks

Single wire from the parking brake switch is attached to the warning light. But make sure that the contact of your switch is not broken, look at the switch picture Mach1 Driver posted. The contact on my 70 Grande was broken, the light did not work. Made a new contact from beryllium copper and ilight works now.