Shep69

Interior panel fit

7 minutes ago, Brian Conway said:

Original 69 weatherstrip and original Q. panel.  Rubber is going over the panel.  Brian

69 Q. Window Weatherstrip L. 1.JPG

Thanks Brian. Something isn’t wright with mine. Both sides are the same. 

Does the quarter window pivot rubber have a groove on it that the panel slides into or does the panel sit on that rubber like Brian's picture? Looks like it has a groove on Shep's picture. Can't look at my fastback as it is up on top of the storage lift with a non-operable convertible under it.

2 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Does the quarter window pivot rubber have a groove on it that the panel slides into or does the panel sit on that rubber like Brian's picture? Looks like it has a groove on Shep's picture. Can't look at my fastback as it is up on top of the storage lift with a non-operable convertible under it.

Yes the pivot rubber has a groove but my rubber doesn’t have a flap like Brian’s photo for the interior panel to sit under. I have taken a photo from the outside. My weather strip/ rubber is a Carpenter.

DC8DA274-D06A-416D-B73E-833783B2F763.jpeg

4 hours ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

I looked at mine again to double check.  My weather strip is like yours but my panels fit closer to the window than yours.  I don't know why.

Yes I think it may be a combination of things. The weather strip doesn’t have a flap like the originals and previous owners could have cut the panel. I filled in the gap with some windlace. Not ideal but better than a gap I suppose. 

01C1D26E-0637-4A85-AEE8-F44674961132.jpeg

I agree, the windlace filled that ugly gap quite nicely.   Having a hardtop, I'm no expert to sportsroof specific features ... so had I not seen Brian's pic to compare,  it looks to me like it could have been a factory installation.

Nice job !!

Doug 

Some more pictures of that area on my car.  I' am thinking the window and weatherstrip should move inboard to get a correct panel fit.  1. The weatherstrip rubber rectangle, at the Q. window pivot, should be on top of the panel cut-out.  2. The panel fit at the door jamb will determine the correct  seat installation/fit.  3.  The gap you are dealing with is on the outside of my car.  I show body color, red, between the exterior window weatherstrip and the chrome trim.  Brian

69 Door Jamb L. 2.JPG

69 Q. Window Weatherstrip L. 3.JPG

69 Quarter Window Trim 1.JPG