Sign in to follow this  
Raven R code

~ 1969 fuelsending unit wire.

I just had this type question go through.  Mine is a Metchen car.  But I had most of the trunk replaced.  I used a 3/4" hole saw and put the hole in the middle of the trunk.  In the original sheet metal there is a raised portion of the angled wall in front of the tank.    The picture above shows the raised portion of the sheet metal.  My grommet to connector was only about 8"  So I had to locate it in the middle of the trunk.

It looks like it was done differently in different assembly plants.  One other member showed a picture similar to above where the wire goes all the way across the tank to the far wall.  

On 10/29/2017 at 3:44 PM, ralt962 said:

Courtesy of Jeff Speegle.  

This is the other location.  My Mach 1 must have had the exhaust system that required the hold in the middle location.

Fuel wire hole 69  small block (2).jpg

Dave, I just looked at my 69 Coupe, it is a Nov 68 built Metuchen, NJ car & it is in the flat section just ahead of the gas tank in the center of the panel, like the pic above.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:57 AM, MAC390 said:

Mine is a Metuchen car, wire enters on right side and hole looks like 5/8 to 3/4 hole , didn't pull the factory grommet outP1010241.thumb.JPG.ba2064323ad67861ce4fc25becdf9f24.JPG

Wally.....mine goes the same route as yours. The reason I asked is because my Grommet hole didn’t look like a die-stamped hole. It almost looked like they had used a hole saw.