Mike65

Coupe/Vert qtr window reg.

I installed the r/s quarter window regulator & where the arm of the regulator slips over the stud on the guide there is supposed to be a retainer clip, but they are not reproduced for a 69/70, only 65/66 & those are a bigger clip & will not work. I went looking through my collection of extra parts looking for a "C" clip that might work. What I found was the "C" clip that holds the E-brake cable arm to the rear brake shoe. It is the correct thickness to fit in the slot of the stud on the window guide & by crushing the open end of the "C" clip it holds the regulator arm on the window guide. Works perfectly, like it was made for it. Just figured I would pass this along in case any one else runs into this problem.

56682-10-15-17-solution-missing-window-r

I had the same issue, ended up using 14 gauge single strand house wire ( without the insulation). I have been using it for 20 years, but my windows only go up and down about 4 times a year.  But it is great that you found this out.