ralt962

Front parking lamps

Do the front park lamps (under the bumper) go out when the headlamps are on?  They are on when the headlamp switch is pulled to the first position but turn off when the switch is pulled all the way out?  

I didnt have much to start with on this Mach 1. 

The 69 side markers are running lights and ground.  The 70 side marker lights are running lights and turn signals.  Do NOT use that design for 1970, as you'll cause the running lights to blink opposite on the other side at the rear.  Use turn signal and grounds for the side marker lights if you can. 

39 minutes ago, Midlife said:

The 69 side markers are running lights and ground.  The 70 side marker lights are running lights and turn signals.  Do NOT use that design for 1970, as you'll cause the running lights to blink opposite on the other side at the rear.  Use turn signal and grounds for the side marker lights if you can. 

Hi Midlife, Not sure if that response was for me. If so..... I have rewired my rear lights as in Australia you can't have brake lights that blink for indicators. i have used LED rear lights modified so the inner two sections are brake and the outer section is the blinker. I ran a new wire for the blinker directly from the loom that goess to the front blinker. I was thinking of doing the same for the front side lights to make it easier to see the blinkers.

Yes, that was for you, Malcolm.  Your side marker lamps can be either for blinkers or for running lights with a ground.  If you want to get real fancy, you can use an 1157 bulb with two filaments: one for blinkers and the other for running lights, but you'll need to create your own bracket to hold it in place.  If you want to use the standard 194 bulbs that came with the side marker lamps, my recommendation is to go either blinkers or running lights, but not both.