Raven R code

~ 1969 Idler arm bushings

I went to order idler arm bushings and the guy at NPD wasn’t sure which was the upper and which one was the lower. So I called the local auto store and they were unsure. ......finally tried CJPP and the answer was “ I can sell the bushings not sure where they go”. So totally confused now. I thought the one circled in red is upper.

thanks

EF01E510-35CB-481E-BD8E-5022F0A0B349.jpeg

2 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

I ditto the roller idler arm from Open Tracker.   Not that expensive, and really nice set up.

I would but.......11k  mile car and keeping everything original. Believe me, I would love to have a plain fastback/Mach 1 to  make all the cool updates. 

With only 11K miles on the car, maybe you can just leave the original bushings in place.

With only 11K miles, is this car being restored or simply some repairs to leave it as a survivor?  If it was in condition to need restoring, I think the 11K original miles is not as important as if it were a survivor.  Just save any original parts that are replaced.

1 hour ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

With only 11K miles on the car, maybe you can just leave the original bushings in place.

With only 11K miles, is this car being restored or simply some repairs to leave it as a survivor?  If it was in condition to need restoring, I think the 11K original miles is not as important as if it were a survivor.  Just save any original parts that are replaced.

It was a drag car from ‘69 to ‘79. I picked it up with 3,100 miles on it. It was painted a few different colors over the years. My plan was not to do the whole car during the resto. So the underside of the car is virtually untouched. So I want to restore with as much of the original parts as possible. Maybe it can be considered a hybrid survivor or a concourvivor?