Vicfreg

Rear mounted antenna location

Looking for location/dimensions for rear mounted antenna for my 1970 convertible.    Want to do the Shelby style mount on the drivers side.   Any suggestions, tips, ideas appreciated

The 1969 Shelby antenna was shipped to the dealer in the trunk of the car. It was the dealer that was responsible for drilling the hole and mounting the antenna with the supplied hardware. Some have said a template was included, but it seems nobody has been able to get their hands on one. 

Here is an image that shows the antenna as seen from inside the trunk.

trunk_antenna.jpg

I am thinking of patching the hole in the r/s front fender & relocating the antenna to the r/s rear quarter on my 69 Coupe & using a power antenna. As far as a template for the antenna, I did PDI (pre delivery inspection) at a Ford dealership back in the late 70's & we did have to drill the holes in the r/s front fenders for the antenna's. The antenna kits that were in the cars came with a template to lay over the fender so the hole would be in the correct placement on the fender. Attached link was like the template that would come with the antenna. 

395346d1416512737-1965-coupe-radio-anten

GT350....  thanks for the pictures.  I will use them to scale off dimensions before I drill any holes.....!

I am headed to large car show this weekend (Good Guys in Charlotte), and will keep my eye out for any I can get actual measurements from.

heres what some said on saac about the antennas on the fastback rear quarters, seems it varies

4 inches from the edge of the endcap to center of hole.

Dealer installed the antennas. Vinnie has the paperwork. It is funny to be at a larger Shelby attended show where you have a number 69/70 Shelby fastbacks in a row. It is a zigzag ed line if you look down the line of antennas. Finding two in the same location is most likely a coincidence or installed at the same dealership by the same installer I suppose.