69ShelbyGT350H

1969 Shelby GT350H Build

I'm not going to go back and tell you all about the previous years I've been working on this thing. Got most of it documented over at VMF. The car is currently in the paint & body shop where I am still waiting for them to finish up the body so it can be painted. So I am still working on other things. I had re-covered the seats back in 1991. As I took them out of storage I noticed that the raised area on the top of the high back front seats had deflated. Seems the foam had turned to powder after 20 some years of sitting in various locations. I am going to have to take the seat back covers off and replace the foam, and as long as I am at it, I might as well replace all the front seat cushion foam. I picked up a set of American Cushion Industries seat foam sets for both front seats.

20170731_150110.jpg

20170731_150137.jpg

Looks like I made a good decision when you look at the condition of the original seat foam.

The listing wire goes into the seat covers, and the ones I bought back in 1991 did not have them. I had to move them over from the original seat covers.

Here is the link to VMF where I documented my build from when I joined back on 12-17-2015, but the story goes back to 1980

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/build-forum/928401-1969-shelby-gt350-hertz.html

My build photo gallery is at http://redshost.com/gt350/

I had to go and take my car away from the paint & body guy yesterday. Last weekend, the 14th he aborted the painting stating it was due to the rain and humidity. Turns out that he had not finished getting the car ready for paint that entire week that he claimed he was going to. So he apologized and told me he would do whatever it took to get it ready to paint this weekend. I started texting him Thursday, through this Saturday asking him where he stood for this weekend without a reply. So I stopped by his shop yesterday to find that once again, nothing had been done to the car. I went home, got the trailer, returned and loaded it up. The shop owner/painter told me he did not blame me, but he was making progress, he even bought the Dupont Chroma base paint. I saw the receipt for this paint, 1 gallon of Candy Apple Red (Dupont Code 4737) for $210. Funny thing is, the paint was delivered in a can with Nason label. Now, my understanding is that 1 gallon of red Dupont Chroma base is going to cost over $1000.00. Can anyone comment on this?

I had a shop do the same to be on body work. When I moved from Texas to Oklahoma I took my car to a shop and they we're going to finish the remainder of the body work on my convertible and then paint it. I gave them all new panels that were needing to be replaced. I called and checked in about a month after I dropped it off and they told me they had started cutting out the panels and were getting setup to replace them. My new house wasn't ready to move into yet so I didn't have anywhere to store it so I wasn't in any hurry. The shop was about 1-1/2 hrs away from my new house. Well about 4 months went by of them telling me they were mocking up the new panels. I went by there to check on their progress and hey hadn't done anything. No only that, they had left my convertible without a top on it sitting outside. Along with all my new parts so they could rust. I went and picked up my trailer and brought it to my new house and just did it myself. 

So anyone that can tell me about paint, I'm googling for prices on Dupont ChromaOne and not coming up with anything but Dupont/Nason paints. The popular result seems to be Nason FULL-THANE 2K Urethane. The painter claims to have bought 1 gallon of Ford Candy Apple Red (Ford code T, paint code 4737) ChromaOne for $210 and I say that is too inexpensive for Dupont's top of the line paint. But I can't find any pricing to back it up. I was quoted $851 for DCC (PPG Concept). These are Single Stage paints, I'm going for a factory look so no clear coats.

The old shop beat up my rear quarter extensions. That along with mounting them on the Dynacorn quarters the gap between the extensions and the trunk was off. Spent some time working on them this weekend and did a test fit today. Gaps look good so I will go ahead and finish off the extensions.

tn_20171114_160320.jpg

tn_20171114_160305.jpg

Waiting for a call from a new paint & body shop to put my car in. Picked up my heads yesterday from the machine shop. Had new SS valves installed set to proper height and pressure. Cleaned them up, painted them and bolted them down with ARP hex bolts.

tn_20171207_161259.jpgtn_20171207_184154.jpg