v8ford70

WTB Quarter Panel Trim brackets 70 Coupe No longer Required

Thanks Mike65, I sent him an email & he said that he hadn't seen these brackets on any 70 coupes that he had seen, but emailed me a photo of a bracket the  same as what aslanefe sent photo of on his 69 coupe (on Technical Forum page 6 September 22) & said he had seen these on 70 coupes.On the Ford parts manual it shows the brackets that I am inquiring about listed for 70 coupes as seen in my attachment here. Its got me confused.

Brackets & screws.jpg

Phil, I don't know what the purpose of that bracket but to me it seems useless. If I was in your shoes, I would just install the panel with screws numbered 55922-S on top front, 56006-S bottom middle  and 55926-S top rear and the panel will fit right and stay. Eventhough the parts manual shows an other bracket #31464, my 69 grande only has one bracket and it is installed where 31464 is. There is a hole on the front where 31462 goes as you can see on the picture I posted for you,  but hole has no screw marks which tells me that nothing has ever been installed there.