Raven R code

~ 1969 windshield depth .......

just as a note for anyone doing this in the future...

i used the butyl style.  i then also used urethane in the corners and possibly a few more spots (to simply to hold the glass in more permanent position).  i was concerned with the butyl allowing the glass to sink with the heat from the sun as it stays soft.  the urethane hardens up a lot.

one thing i hate with the butyl is the fact that it does stay soft and sticky.  so bugs, dirt, etc can get stuck in the butyl

Some of the early years used what looks like a thick yellowish grease ,this is some nasty stuff ,it is verry messy and not very fun to clean off,and it stayed slimy ,sort of looks like what a toilet bowl is sealed the the sewage pipe with and just as fun to mess with haha

1 hour ago, Caseyrhe said:

nice loafers, looks like first trip into the shop as well

Loafer? Hey,  I resemble that. They are slippers, Craftsmen slippers. A Christmas gift last year from my first ex wife. And they frequent the shop often thank you. 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:43 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Sealer will go between the glass and the rubber and the rubber and the body channel ,it is in a caulking tube from 3M ,I think RPM may have the part number ?

We did his back window not long ago.It will take at least 3 tubes to seal it up good

Going back together tomorrow.  Then I can work to finish off the interior.