Im at the point of my resto that my dash can go back in. I decided to pull the clock out as it never worked . I cleaned up the points and now the second hand ticks away but the large red plastic gear has stripped half its teeth . This gear moves the small hour hand . Is there any parts available to repair this or am I better off just to purchase the new quartz movement.

Thanks Mark.

Hi _ I have purchased the quartz conversion and frankly speaking I could have spend the money wiser.

The stock clock mechanism is very cheap and the overall system quite dangerous as it can draw 5 amp and in case something go wrong is burning the wiring. the repait kit is not solving the issue with worn gears (either plastic or chocolate metal one's).

Bought a true mechanical clock for aircraft and fitted it.

IMG_4840.jpg

2 hours ago, ClubSport said:

Hi _ I have purchased the quartz conversion and frankly speaking I could have spend the money wiser.

The stock clock mechanism is very cheap and the overall system quite dangerous as it can draw 5 amp and in case something go wrong is burning the wiring. the repait kit is not solving the issue with worn gears (either plastic or chocolate metal one's).

IMG_4840.jpg

Sounds like I might just get a new quartz movement. 

My clock still works.  It doesn't keep the correct time but who cares I never look at it anyway.  The second hand, the white one,  just keeps on tick'in.   The clock' s location seems better suited for the navigators use than the drivers.  Brian

69 Dash Clock 1.JPG

5 hours ago, Brian Conway said:

The clock' s location seems better suited for the navigators use than the drivers.  Brian

Well of course, it's a Rally Clock, after all. You set the green hand to your scheduled arrival time and, using the map, compass and straightedge in your lap, coach the driver into hitting the next checkpoint precisely on time. :)

18 hours ago, Alan_Mac said:

I replaced mine with a quartz mechanism.  It works great.  The only downside I see is the hand moves smoothly unlike OEM.    

Did you do it yourself Alan or take it to someone.

On 4.10.2017 at 12:10 PM, ClubSport said:

IMG_4840.jpg

where did you get the black panel from? and where did you get that Mustang lettering from?

My clock is for decor only. Why waist time fixing a clock I cannot see.  I installed a digital one from a 1985 Ford on my visor mount about the mirror.  The picture does not show it too well, but it fits there perfect.  

visor clock  1.JPG