Sign in to follow this  
Print Dad

Went to car show - - great fun - happy

Hello All,

Although this thread is about a car show I wanted to tell a great story.

We have only gone to 2 car shows this year and the year is about done  LOL

I must tell a little story to fully appreciate my happiness. About 3 years ago my wife and I were

at a car meet - -when a guy came in with some questions about Mustangs. A lot of people

advised the owner to talk to me as I have had our MAch 40 years and know a little about Fords

So the guy shows me the car and asks me about making a bunch of upgrades to his car.

When I looked at the car - I had a strong feeling it was pretty rare. The car is a 67 Coupe but

painted "rose type" color. I told the owner about the Marty reports and strongly advised him to

get one done on his car. After that I helped him a few times getting the car running better.

Then we kinda lost touch.   

Sunday - -I saw the car and talked to the guy. He pulled out his wallet and gave me and my wife

a gift certificate to our favorite seafood place. His wife told me they have had it in his wallet since I first

helped him.  LOL

So it turns out - I was pretty correct - according to the Marty - -the car is one of one built with that color combo.

It is rose colored and the Marty even stated the tail light area was painted silver. 

Of course his car took first place in the Mustang class - (only one trophy for the class).

The main thing was it was so cool to re-connect with a very nice couple that have a pretty unique Mustang

At the show there was a huge range of cars from Dusenbergs. Packards. GT-40's Lambos and of course

vans, trucks, rat rods, customs etc etc. 

It was great to see a lot of friends and to re-acquaint with this couple. He also has a real nice Goat - -

So the day was fun for us and sure I would have loved to win something - -but seeing old friends was

so much fun.

HAd to tell someone - -(sorry)   LOL

Be well - -keep wrenching and always work safe

Sam

Great Story, just another reason for going to the shows. Its not always about bringing home a plaque or trophy.....its a story like yours, a comment "great looking car", or sometimes to see a child go wow.

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes - -the people in this hobby are what this is all about.

I was very excited to see that they followed my advice on a few things and now

they know that they have a pretty unique car. The car is in real real nice shape.

I was really excited to see them and a few other people at the show that we had not seen

in a few years, I guess next year we gotta get back into the routine of going to some shows.

You are all right - -it is the friendships that help us all deal with stuff in life.

I am glad that some people could in some small way relate to the story.

Be well - -work safe - - Sam