Sign in to follow this  
danno

TILT AVAILABLE

I noticed 2 tilt- tilt away columns in ebay today. I know nothing or have any connection to either seller.  One is at $160, the other about $550 .   I have seen these sell for about $900.  Who knows, make a bid.  As we all know, these are extremely rare; and to see two at once in the fleabay . 

Mine has this already, or I would have been bidding.  I will be watching to see what it sells for. 

I looked at the lower priced one, and it is not from a Mustang or Cougar.  It has pieces that could be used in one, but it is not.  As this seller specialized in Broncos and trucks, I would guess it is from one of those. If the guts are there, it could be made to work.  I bid on it just our of curiosity, I am sure i will be outbid by someone else more willing to take a chance.   I have spare parts and could make it workable. 

When I inherited my Mach 1 my brother had a tilt column that was removed from another 69 Mustang.  It didn't look right to me, it wasn't a tilt away and was shorter than the standard column.  I traded it for other parts I needed.  Now I wish I'd done more research and maybe kept it.  This was before the internet so researching parts was difficult.

Both were supposed to be 69, you must not have searched for the right items. Do you know if you put your search items in (), it will search for anything in them.  Like (1969, 1979, 69,70) will search for any of the text in the box. 

The 69 tilt system with breakaway sold for $600, which was reasonable.  I have seen them sell for $1000.  The other one for parts sold for $190, which could also have been a good price, depending on exactly what it was.

Thanks for the info. I would like tilt on my '70 first. Looking at the tilt on my 86 Bronco, I might be able to modify one to fit on a '70 Mustang. Need to keep looking for an 86 Bronco (or equivalent) tilt column to experiment.