Sign in to follow this  
cavboy78

Corbeau Seats vs TMI Sport Rs

Well, as i feared...i finished my factory seats with the TMI Sport R seat covers and foam. They look fantastic, but they are just too tall. I do not have much room from leg to steering wheel in addition to head room. So after much money and time invested, i simply have to look for a suitable alternative. I am leaning towards the Corbeau A4 or their fairly new RRS or Evolution seats. 

Based on what i read, the A4's have a seat height of 3.5" while the RRS and Evolution are at 2.5" (The TMIs are at 7" FWIW). Just looking for feedback for anyone that has used any of these their thoughts.  Not really sure if the 1" difference is a big deal, but I'd like to think the more clearance, the better...but i don't want to sit on a cement block at the same time. Does anyone have any seat height measurements from the Fiero seat? That may be a helpful gauge. I define this measurement as simply the bottom of the cushion to the top on the front edge that you sit on. Any input is appreciated. 

Additionally, I have the MTF headliner in already. I am 6'1" and also suspect that the roofline of the sportsroof is lower than the coupe/vert, all contributing to the problem.

And if anybody is in the market for new seats sat on for about 10 min, let me know...ha!

I have a set of Scat Procar Rally Elites with their rails some of the finest seats I've sat in. 

Great customer service give this fellow a call or email he'll answer any question you have.

Alex Gonzalez

Crank Sales

SCAT Enterprises, Inc.

310-370-5501 EXT.121

310-214-2285 FAX

agonzalez@scatenterprises.com

I have the same problem with the TMI sport seats I have and I am not happy about it. I really wish they had said something in the spec before I did it.

i want to keep the stock appearance as the ones I have look mostly stock but with bolsters. I do not want aftermarket seats.

so my plan, I am going to grab another set of seat bottoms and I am going to modify them so they mount lower. The rails that go down from the round tubes (the pieces the tracks attach to) can be cut and shortened and then I will have the bottom upolstry and foam installed on them

bob

14 hours ago, Bob & Sue said:

I have a set of Scat Procar Rally Elites with their rails some of the finest seats I've sat in. 

Thanks for the input. Based on the measurements on their website, these look to be tall for me in the sportsroof.

rsanter,

Agree with the specs. I know there are people that they work for, but just not for someone my height. I was considering trying to shave down the foam on the seat, but not sure what the second and third order effects would be on the seat cover. Since these are expensive, i did not want to do any permanent damage. I'm off for the next couple of days, so i plan on working on it some more. 

I was just hoping for someone to chime in with a fiero seat measurement, since that's a known quantity and common enough to compare too. 

8 hours ago, cavboy78 said:

Thanks for the input. Based on the measurements on their website, these look to be tall for me in the sportsroof.

That's why I suggested contacting Scat they have several rail systems for each model if I remember right they have one that sits in a lower position to lower it down in the floor pan.

They make different rails for each model, they're not cheap either. The PO of mine was 6'4" fairly heavy.

14 hours ago, cavboy78 said:

rsanter,

Agree with the specs. I know there are people that they work for, but just not for someone my height. I was considering trying to shave down the foam on the seat, but not sure what the second and third order effects would be on the seat cover. Since these are expensive, i did not want to do any permanent damage. I'm off for the next couple of days, so i plan on working on it some more. 

I was just hoping for someone to chime in with a fiero seat measurement, since that's a known quantity and common enough to compare too. 

Just to be clear I am talking about cutting and modifying the metal of the seat frame.

i am doing this as I already have the upolstry and foam. I like the look and I even like the feel.

i don’t like that I sit higher in the car, the positioning does not feel right and restricts my visibility front and back in a way it never did with the old seats

bob

rsanter,

understand you are talking the seat frame. I will look at that as well, in addition to shaving foam. Looking to get as much clearance as possible, since my head literally touches the MTF headliner.

5 hours ago, mustangstofear said:

The seats that we  sell are based off the 94-98 GT. Their  no taller than the  original. We made sure of that because  we knew of the  problem  with TMI  year's ago.

Thanks Rich. I was the guy you talked to on the phone last week with the 315 area code, but lives in Colorado, discussing interior options. I still need to get my order in with you this week.