prayers1

Need opinion on brake issues

3 hours ago, prayers1 said:

When Mustang Steve sent the complete package out, he sent the wrong MC. I was told they only had one other MC left which is the 2nd one sent to me. The difference was the fittings on the MC, they sent a 69 instead of a 70, since I am using the 1970 brake lines and Port valve. Point is, there was no preset match to MC & Booster and I was never told or aware that I had to set the push rod depth, which would of been a very simple thing to do prior to installation.

Yesterday I was running power steering lines for the Borgesen PS box and saw the bottom of the Brake Booster paint all blistered from heat ( I painted it prior to install).  I have the Sanderson's Shorty headers. They are not close enough or touching the Booster but I'm sure a lot of heat does build up there. Could heat be a factor on the Boosters performance?

Yesterday I picked up the Mityvac MV8000 at a local parts store, now I have to find the time and figure how to use it.

Paint blistering on the bottom side of the brake booster is usually caused by a leaking master cylinder.  Double check that.  If the master cylinder is leaking, the fluid can get inside the brake booster and eventually cause damage.

Also, please stop buying from some business named Mustang Steve.  Just sounds as crooked as they come.

1 hour ago, 1969_Mach1 said:

Also, please stop buying from some business named Mustang Steve.  Just sounds as crooked as they come.

Mustang Steve is actually a very well respected company. The business and Q&A I've had with him have been straight,  honest and accurate.  Why they weren't able to solve Prayers' answers is baffling. 

I have no lost of fluid in the MC, so I doubt its leaking at the booster

I have not presented this to Steve, he sold the parts business to a co worker and he is not on the web as much as he use to be. This is something baffling to me, so if I can't work it out eventually I'll contact h

Did you ever do any more to your vacuum.  i too have about 13in. of vacuum and have to stand on the brakes more than I think you should with power assist . would be interesting to know if a vacuum pump would solve our problem. I may rig up something and see.

3 hours ago, det0326 said:

Did you ever do any more to your vacuum.  i too have about 13in. of vacuum 

Ditto.  At 14"  of vacuum I only have 950 psi at the front calipers. Anxiously awaiting a fix. 

det0326- Here's a couple pics of the PS hoses with the shrink wrap. I had to make a U out of a piece of tubing for the low pressure since the outlet faced the front and the rubber hose would kink. I'm no not like the hose clamps they are just temporary til I find a better looking one.

DSC04193.JPG

DSC04200.JPG

thanks  that looks good. Your headers must be a little different than mine because running that way on mine  was really close to the header. mine are tri Y.  And the PS box was so close that the fluid was getting hot that's why I had to install the cooler. Thanks again for the pic's.

That does not look like a hear issue to me. I'm with the statement this blistering is from brake fluid. It may not be leaking, maybe spilled when filling and or bleeding the master.