Raven R code

~ 1969 mystery hardware

Where in the lower dash? All of my lower dash mounting bolts looked like this with the captive washer:

59c0983d61aac_16captivewasherbolt.thumb.jpg.26a0db499576469e7f30e446ed0dcb7c.jpg

Back to Jim's post, none of my oem bolts have that head mark, which may mean nothing. 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Not really ,you would be surprised at some of the things i have seen on these cars . Someone just found some GM bolts and used them because it was easier than finding the correct bolts

Yes, but it happened to so many of us.  I have never had a GM car within 40 feet of my garage.  I am thinking these were used when the holes did not automatically line up, and the installers needed a guide to get them in.  Maybe in a hidden place where they could not see if they holes lined up, and the bolt helped the pieces line up... like the fender extensions?  

On 9/15/2017 at 7:17 PM, Raven R code said:

I have about 5 of these now. They are unique looking and not sure where they go....

IMG_4759.JPG

The 70 I bought, partially disassembled, had similar bolts like the ones pictured. The prior owner had tagged and bagged them....lower radiator brackets and then several for the fuel line clips