Raven R code

~ 1969 Semi Gloss Black

In reading about what gets painted what color, semi gloss is always mentioned. What isn't mentioned is what people have been using.  I'm only assuming here (please correct if necessary) the blower motor in the Firewall is SGB ......not sure about the bracket. I'm also thinking the radiator is SGB but could be glossy too. Also, is the brake booster and master cylinder (painted together) SGB or a satin? Last, the pullys and harmonic balancer......SGB or satin (like the engine compartment paint)?

Engine enamel sprays with a very heavy coat.  It doesn't provide the best results on smooth surfaces.  I don't use engine enamel on pulleys, any accessory brackets, or on an inner fender panels.  Duplicolor no longer has a Satin Black and their semi gloss seems to have a little to much sheen.  Rustoleum still has a satin black.  It covers better than Duplicolor but takes much longer to dry.  When I can wait for the longer drying time I use Rustoleum paints.

I went with the Ford Semi-Gloss Black for the blower motor, pulleys, harmonic balancer, the skinny alternator bracket, distributor hold down, coil bracket, radiator,  master cylinder and power booster. The duplicolor rattle can has ceramic and seems very durable and hi temp(500°).