MustangRanch

Maybe I'm the only one on the planet...

To each his own.  You are certainly in the minority, but there are some badass coupes out there for sure.   By no means do I think any of them are ugly.  

I prefer the sportsroof over the coupe for the 69-70, but like the 67-68 coupes better than the fastbacks.  

It's funny... I went golfing with one of my oldest friends.  Across from the course was a family with a 1969 Mustang SP of some sort in the drive way that was 60% apart that they were obviously working to restore.  I pointed it out saying I wouldn't mind another Mustang (I mean who doesn't want another am I right).  And he said 'Nah, I'm not into that style.  I like the ones like yours'.  Mine's a coupe of course.  I didn't realize he liked the coupes so much. 

I have to admit in High School I loved the 1965-68 Fastbacks but thought the 69/70 sports roofs looked squashed.   The 71-73 still do look that way to me.  I've since come to really like the 69 Sports-roofs but I understand where the Coupe lovers are coming from.  

10 hours ago, MustangRanch said:

Laughed out loud when I saw this great response....

Can't leave it unanswered...

Sauce:  https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/04/17/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1969-ford-mustang/

1969FordMustang_01_700.jpg

Ya, I did too. I thought about locking the thread with the best reply ever, but my better judgement prevailed.  Ol Jim is a rather funny guy. 

Nothing like a low optioned hardtop coupe to modify and build as you please. I like both as I think the 69 has the best lines of all mustangs. Having said that I've kept mustang #3 (my 2nd 69 coupe) over the years and when faced with the choice of the 69 coupe or the 70 sportsroof, when I got out of the AF (I couldn't move both), I chose the 69 coupe.

1st one

My1stMustang.jpg

On 9/13/2017 at 8:10 AM, MustangRanch said:

Am I the only one who really prefers the look of the 69 coupe over the fastback?  Fastbacks get all the attention and all the love and all the money... but man... they're ugggggly.  Am I literally the only person on the planet who thinks this way?

No, you're not alone. I'm in love with my coupe!

though, I would love fastback in my collection... I just think the 69-70 coupe's didn't get much attention like the other years where both coupe and fastback were both desired and loved. I wish ford could've could've marketed it better, i.e carrying on the gt/cs or made like an autocross, coupe-like Shelbys. I think the 69-70 coupe are the underdogs.. if done right they can definitely stand out.