1BAD351

Production numbers

Kind of a bizarre question but it does stem from somewhere. Does anyone know how rare a 69 coupe with a 250 auto and factory AC is? I had sold an engine fan to a guy who said it was an extremely rare fan and it seems to be, because I had a very hard time finding one and when I did it was selling for a stupid amount of money. Come to find out it must have been the original fan off my car (kind of pissed I sold it now). But I basically gave it to him and I'm thinking I may not have known what I had. Either way curiosity has gotten the best of me. I had a very hard time even finding info on the fan itself and am now thinking maybe this was a very rare combo.

When I googled 1969 Mustang production numbers it tells me there were 118,613 standard Mustang Coupes, so I do not think a 69 Mustang with a 250 6 cyl is that rare. The only way to know for sure get a Mart report. http://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm I got the deluxe report for my 69 Coupe & it gives you the exact number breakdown for all the options on your Mustang.

Yes I did the google search before posting. I also agree a 69 coupe with a 250 is not rare. But one with factory ac I am talking. Heck the 69 sportsroof with a 250 is super rare. What was it the E something or other, I think they made under 100 of them.

According to my Mustang by the Numbers book by Kevin Marti:

There were 128,451 coupes built    (118,610 65A;      5,208 65B;       4,128 65C;   505 65D)

There were 25, 740 coupes built with a 250 -I6

There were 40,150 coupes built with AC.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So about 31.25% of coupes had AC -- Taking 31.25% of the 250-I6's would be about 8,045 cars.

It's probably less than that since folks buying a I-6 were probably not as spendy as the V8 buyers and didn't get expensive options, so it's maybe as rare as the GT package (6,694 built)?

However, the survival rate is probably small today, given the lack of respect for sixes and their parts over the years, so in 2017 it's probably a pretty hard-to-find setup. (I'm not sure how the I-6 A/C setup would have varied from the 302 small block, if at all)

Yes, I'm a geek who likes crunching numbers :)

BTW, there were 33,191 Fastbacks built with the 250 engine - 96 were the E Package

14 hours ago, 69RavenConv said:

According to my Mustang by the Numbers book by Kevin Marti:

There were 128,451 coupes built    (118,610 65A;      5,208 65B;       4,128 65C;   505 65D)

There were 25, 740 coupes built with a 250 -I6

There were 40,150 coupes built with AC.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So about 31.25% of coupes had AC -- Taking 31.25% of the 250-I6's would be about 8,045 cars.

It's probably less than that since folks buying a I-6 were probably not as spendy as the V8 buyers and didn't get expensive options, so it's maybe as rare as the GT package (6,694 built)?

However, the survival rate is probably small today, given the lack of respect for sixes and their parts over the years, so in 2017 it's probably a pretty hard-to-find setup. (I'm not sure how the I-6 A/C setup would have varied from the 302 small block, if at all)

Yes, I'm a geek who likes crunching numbers :)

BTW, there were 33,191 Fastbacks built with the 250 engine - 96 were the E Package

This was the info I was looking for! Thanks a bunch. I had a feeling my common little 250 coupe may have been something different. Not that it makes it worth anymore but it does make me love my old girl that much more. As many 6's these days there's not much original left about the car, but none the less it's a cool little fact. Maybe one of these days I'll get the full report to get the actual breakdown.

I remember looking for a long time for a 69 fastback with a 250 in it and I only found just a couple.  Of those few, all of them were either in rough condition or had a V8 in place of the six.  They are really quite rare and something I love to see at car shows.

david

6 minutes ago, moodster said:

I remember looking for a long time for a 69 fastback with a 250 in it and I only found just a couple.  Of those few, all of them were either in rough condition or had a V8 in place of the six.  They are really quite rare and something I love to see at car shows.

david

100% agree. I love seeing original 6 cylinder cars. The V8 swaps are just overdone these days. My car was already swapped when I got it so my factory drivetrain was long gone. I actually believe my car was an original automatic car with a vinyl top, which I would think is also fairly rare for a 250 I6 car. Someone bought a base model car and added a lot of options, although I do believe it was a standard interior with buckets. Boy how I wish I had my original door tag :(

My first 2 Mustangs (back in the mid & late 70's) were 6 cyl's, my first car & first Mustang was a 1970 Coupe w/250 6 cyl, & my second car was a 1969 Coupe w/200 6 cyl both with out A/C.