Sign in to follow this  
Bob & Sue

NHRA Indy Race

Any of you follow the NHRA pro tour? I drove altered's, Super Stock, Funny Cars, Top Fuel dragsters for a career in my youth. I've been watching Indy all weekend Funny Cars running 3.79 et at 339 mph in a 1000' amazing. They're running faster in 330' than I did in a 1/4 mile. I sure miss the adrenaline rush & smell of nitro but honestly after seeing in person 10,000 hp plus cars I don't think I have the b_lls to get in one anymore. The last one I drove was a nostalgia funny car running 6.50 et 244 mph that was quite a while ago. 

My racing partner and I started in Super Gas, then Super Comp, moved to Top Sportsman and finally Pro Modified...

We haven't raced for just over a decade, but we still have aspirations of running a Nostalgia Funny Car someday.

This is a photo of our old Top Sportsman race truck.   It went as quick as 7.37 sec. @ 183 MPH  back in the mid 1990's

59ad8ffca7186_RaceTruck.jpg.0502036d89c4173138780d0a0958e922.jpg

Nice looking truck.

I stopped touring in the mid 70's we either match raced or ran NHRA & IHRA races never did much bracket racing or brake out times just not in my blood to let up it's full throttle to the end. That was before they had all the electronics I still cringe when they leave the line full throttle then the electronics kick in, heads start looking at their opponent and worry about breaking out. I guess it's what you grow up with several tracks I started racing at still had a flagmen.

If you do get a Funny Car the g force from 180-190 to 250 kicks in the ride is amazing it's like the difference of 50-100 x 10.