danno

Electric trunk release works in 69 to 73 mustang

I found a trunk release from a 1985 Crown Vic, as you probably know these will fit perfect in a 1969 to 1973 Mustang of Cougar. Includes the pushbutton switch, you need to run the wire from the battery to the switch, and from the switch to the trunk opener.  Just unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one. Nothing to cut or change. Then just push the button and the trunk is onlatched.   I can supply ideas about mounting the pushbutton switch.    $60 including shipping in the US, I will ship worldwide for more. 

20170903_162145.thumb.jpg.ed911092e52ea7289edc005114225a87.jpg

20170903_162212.thumb.jpg.05ab5483a69364ebc70e4f83fd34e789.jpg20170903_162201.thumb.jpg.35b722a1a709d78222ae5775ef1656b2.jpg

20170903_155849.jpg

20170903_160024.jpg

I am sorry, this was sold.  But I think I can get another one. Check back in a week or so.  I test them, and guarantee them to work perfectly.  The junk yard south of town just got another 85 Crown Vic, that these come out of.  I just need to stop by on some warm day and see if they still have it.   Check back later...

Hi Danno, finally got around to fitting the trunk release. Works great. I had to do a little bit of modifying of the bracket that holds the mechanism as it was too tight for the electric unit. Easily done.

Thanks again,. Mal.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

Mal, I am glad you got it to fit. I installed mine fine and other installations require some "fitting"  What did you have to do to get it to fit?  Take some metal off the edge? 

69Shelby, I understand.  I put a secret pushbutton switch on mine under the overhang lip of the trunk lid.  Keyless entry is a perfect addition, some year I might add it.  My winter car has that and remote start, so I know how great a feature it is. 

2 hours ago, danno said:

I installed mine fine and other installations require some "fitting"  What did you have to do to get it to fit?  Take some metal off the edge? 

Hi Danno, a little hard to explain via messgae but basically the elctric unit is slightly wider than the original. The bracket has some dimples on the edge to stiffen it. I just cut out the dimples and it fitted easilly.

I did not see the location of your trunk release button, now I see it. That certainly looks fine, but that probably means you need the key in the switch to use it.  One way around that is put the trunk release switch in series with the horn pushbutton.  That way, without the key needed, you push in the trunk release button and hold it, then tap the horn, and the trunk opens.  It is secret enough nobody would ever guess how to do it.   

7 minutes ago, danno said:

I did not see the location of your trunk release button, now I see it. That certainly looks fine, but that probably means you need the key in the switch to use it.  One way around that is put the trunk release switch in series with the horn pushbutton.  That way, without the key needed, you push in the trunk release button and hold it, then tap the horn, and the trunk opens.  It is secret enough nobody would ever guess how to do it.   

Hi Danno, I neverconsidered having it hot wired so it is on the lighter circuit. In hindsight maybe hot wired would be better. If someone breaks into the car they won't find much in the boot (trunk) anyway.