Bob & Sue

What's the strangest critter cat has brought in

What's the strangest critter cat has brought in your house?

Our cat is almost 14 yrs old both indoor & outdoor for the 4th time in 5 years she came strutting in with a fruit bat in her mouth about 11:00 pm 2 nights ago. Luckily she followed out the patio door I got her to drop it thinking it was dead just covered it with a flower pot. Yesterday I went to dispose of it it was alive got a dust pan & scooped it up inside the pot walked up to a field and let it go dam thing scared me when it flew away instantly.

Shes brought them in before & let go of them inside the house makes for a great time running around with a fish net trying to catch it. After that I had the garage door open and a sparrow flew in took me 15 minutes to get it out. 

The fruit bat or micro-bat eats mostly insects at night very seldom do they have rabies she's due for a rabies shot soon.

Wow, that cat must be quick on the draw to catch a bat out of the air! My wife has had cats all her life and has had the usual array of lizards, mice and rats drug in, but she was amazed to hear about bats! Post a picture of your 14 year old bat snatcher.

Here's a pic last night before she went out to do her usual hunting luckily no more bats. Her specialty is Hummingbirds till we removed the flowers that attracted them. She's in amazing health for her age still thinks she can whop any cat that comes near her kingdom (yard). 

DSC_0008.JPG

OK, I'll bite ... cat stories ...

Our female cat was the hunter and always wanted to bring her critters in the house.   The one time it was night and she caught me off-guard and I did not see she had something.   Well, it was a live Morning Dove and as soon as she set it down it took off, flew into a wall, and dropped.   Thought for sure it had broke it's neck ... grabbed it and went to throw it in the woods and as I went to give it a toss flew out of my hand.   The furnace was on and the dove dropped right in front of the big return duct and wouldn't you know it the next time I changed the furnace filter there was a bunch of dove feathers in the old filter !!

Another time she was playing cat & mouse with a Kangaroo Mouse in the driveway when we came home one night.   She continued to play with it while we watched and it was almost cartoon like the way the two went at it.   I ended up grabbing the cat and brought her in the house and said she could continue playing with that mouse tomorrow.   My wife watched the mouse run down the driveway and into the street under a street light and then says "oh Molly, you're not going to be playing with that mouse tomorrow".   Some bird (guessing a Hawk or Owl; it just happened so fast) swooped down and grabbed that mouse as soon as it got to the middle of the street !!   My wife then says, "that's why we don't let her stay out at night ... that bird was big enough that it could have snatched the cat" !! 

Doug  

We had a female we called fuzzy slipper because that is what she looked like .One day my mom was moving some old wood around in the back yard and a large pack rat ...not our pack rat ,were ever he may be haha, a large pack rat junped out of the pile an out of nowhere that cat swooped in and snatched it up ,pretty cool seeing a cat catch a big rat .she used to drag in live full grown squirrels and usually let them go in the back yard ,she just about cleaned out all the lizzards in the area