Ridge Runner

Jim got ...another ...new ...toy

It is still in the car ,just needs the motor mounts and tranny mount unbolted and yank it out . Have a lot of fiberglass this weekend ,but may be open next weekend.  I need to pull it because i want to set up the 4.6 with that frame and body then pull it all apart and blast and paint the frame. 

I cut the original 312 motor mounts out of the 56 ,since i will be using the aluminum 4.6 motor mounts from the 2007 Mustang the 312 mounts will be in the way . I hope to sand blast and primer the engine compartment this weekend just so i have a clean work space . Once the 4.6 is tacked in place i will remove the body ,finish welding the mounts and the frame will be ready to blast and paint ,after i set up a 9 inch.

20180530_150400.jpg

I can't believe you stumbled onto a 312, and with ram horn exhaust manifolds.  Last time I saw a 312 was back in the 1970's.  My oldest brother had put one in a 56 Ford F100 pickup.  For that time period it ran darn good with typical performance upgrades, increased CR, custom ground cam, intake, carb, etc.  Fairly certain Offenhauser makes intakes for those motors.

I'm guessing that's a 2 speed Fordomatic transmission behind it.  But from the picture it looks to have a trans mount on the tailshaft which is unusual and it doesn't look water cooled. 

Turns out they are not the ram horn exhaust ,but they are the duel exhaust manifolds. Transmission is not water cooled . From what i read the 56s did come with 312 but it was usually what they called a doctors coupe ,or police package . This car had the wheel skirts ,and looks like a heavier front coil spring than the average 56. This one also had a padded dash