Ridge Runner

Wear those safty glasses!!

The coupler on my air hose blew off my air saw yesterday and hit me right in the left eye.It scratched my eye  and i am surprised it didnt knock my eye out ,it felt like a hammer hit me in the face. My eye is blood red and hurts like hell but it will heal ,just another one of the dumb luck accidents that you would think would never happen bubut it did 

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Without pictures it didn't happen. Seriously, glad you escaped a major injury.

Oh believe me ,it happened .i have been having problems with couplers leaking and coming off for a while .This time the end of the hose whiped up and hit me when it came off .had a pretty bad night last night ,but it is much better this morning

After the first time my doctor removed a small metal particle from one of my eyes I decided to wear safety glasses while I was doing work where it was needed, drilling, grinding, cutting, etc.

After the second time my doctor removed a small metal particle from one of my eyes I decided to wear safety glasses all the time when I was working on a car and doing any type of wood working.  The second time it happened I was at work and simply loosening exhaust manifold to pipe bolts with an impact gun.  The truck was up on a lift.  I was using long extensions to reach the bolts so wasn't anywhere close to the source of the flying metal particles.

They pain is horrible.  Try not blinking or moving that eye until the metal particle is removed.  Thankfully, for both times, I had an old school doctor and he didn't waste any time removing the metal particles. He just looked and removed them before you can ask him how he was going to do it.

Hey Ridge, I check eyes for a living and if you took a pretty good blow to that eye, you may have done some damage, regardless of how it feels now or how you are seeing. You really should have it checked out, buddy!