Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

Grab a trak suspension reviews?

Who has the grab a trak mustang suspension kit from Mustangs plus? I am looking to improve the suspension on my Mustang but don't want to spend thousands of dollars for a coil over system. I'm looking at the grab a trak system and wondering how that's any different from the stock set up? My current suspension was a stock kit from NPD. It creaks and pops all the time. Sounds terrible so it has to go. I don't want to spend more than $1,000. Any suggestions? 

I have their 5 leaf mid eye rear leaf springs and their 600 lb/inch front coil springs.  I'm happy with them.

You should find out what is creaking and popping on your suspension.  Could be upper control arms need grease.  If the kit came with stock rubber upper coil spring insulators, stronger than stock springs tend to wear through them and you get a metal to metal condition at the top of the coil spring.  If rubber bushing parts like on the lower control arms and rear leaf springs were tightened before the car was on the ground, that could cause creaking and popping.  Cracked shock towers will cause strange creaking and popping noises.  I've had bad shocks cause popping noises.

Try to find the problem before spending a lot more money.

I had new OEM Ford springs perches in my car for some time.  No issues with them.  But I replaced them with the Scott Drake spring perches that have the elastomer bushings that allow free rotation.  The quality seems fairly good.  Roller perches, in my mind, are not worth the high cost for a street driving car.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c4dz3388hp/overview/