69 Cruzin

Turn Signal Switch?

Switch got to smoking while in use and blew the fuse. After a closer look I noticed had a burned spot behind the cam. The wiring harness looks fine. Don't know the cause but need to replace. 

Doing some research I noticed folks are having a lot problems out of the new repops.  Any recommendations on where i can purchase a new one? Also any idea's on why it shorted out to begin with? Thanks.  

69 Coupe non tilt column.

I found on my 66 that repro turn signal switches have rivet heads exposed on the back side, and when you tighten the steering wheel too tight, the rivet heads contact the metal of the steering column assembly, creating a dead short.  I always recommend covering those rivet heads with electrical tape.

Don't know whether this applies to later models, but it may...

I just read a thread on another forum where the guy was wondering why he was on his third turn switch and second stop switch. Turns out he had modified his tail lights in such a way that the amperage increased considerably and stressed the rest of the components in the system. Unintended consequences. Less amperage is usually a good thing but more is almost always a killer, and since Ford doesn't share their design data we have no way of knowing the real consequences.