v8ford70

Interior rear Quarter Panel Trim brackets 70 Coupe No longer required

Require help on these Interior rear Quarter Panel Trim brackets I noticed on EBay (Photos attached),as I didn't get any when I purchased my car disassembled.Where are they to be fitted & how are they attached to trim panels? Any photos will be very helpful. I also have a 1970 Car Shop Manual Ford Volumes 1 to V in PDF ,are there any better diagram manuals available for restorations (1970 Mustang Coupe) which show better details? Help much appreciated.Cheers Phil

Interior Quarter Panel brackets.jpg

Those don't look familiar but maybe mine were already on the car. I also have a fast back.

The Jim Osborne assembly manuals were the most helpful thing for me when putting things back together. The shop manual talks you through and describes the process, the assembly manuals are ALL pictures. Chassis and body manuals the most helpful, I used the engine one for layout of wiring and various hoses but you could probably do without that.

Phil,

First 2 pictures below are from my 69 Grande (without vinyl top). I do not have a bracket like the one in your post on my car. But it looks like your bracket will do the same job my bracket does (which is to hold the interior panel)  when installed at the same location as mine. The bracket on my pictures is the only bracket behind the interior panel and there are no brackets installed on the panel itself. 3rd picture is my 70 Grande with half vinyl top. I do not remember what the bracket on the 70 looked like as I restored that car over 20 years ago.

DSCF6290 90.jpg

DSCF6291 90.jpg

IMG_0091.JPG