Sign in to follow this  
MustangRanch

Motorcraft 2100 fuel bowl vent valve - assembly pics?

While rebuilding my carb, this assembly spontaneously, rapidly, explosively (kinda) decompressed and ended up in several loose pieces on my workbench.  I have no good photographs on the details on how to get it back together.  I have the attached photo that I took before disassembly, the blue circled part is the concern.  There's a spring - in red - that I cannot seem to get in position to make the vent open and close properly with the throttle.  I know these bowl vents are rare and most 2100s don't have them and as a result I'm having a difficult time with google trying to find out how to proper reassemble it.

Any help, photos, etc would be appreciated. - other than this issue and a resulting lack of power/hesitation/sputtering on accelleration from the throttle pump - my carb "throb" issue from before was fixed by the rebuild.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

it does... thanks.... it looks like your spring end actually sticks up above the bracket holding the vent arm.

so when does your arm open the vent? When should it be closing? Looking towards the front of my engine, when I accelerate the right side of the pump lever moves towards the firewall pulling the left side of the lever (visible in your picture) away from carb.  Does your valve open at that point... on acceleration?