sstry1969

Opinions needed

Need to sell my 69 Mach 1 .  Need opinions   On price to sell it at.

M code , original ps , pb, ac candy apple red car.

408w d4 block afr185 heads, dougs tri Ys, air gap intake, quick fuel bd750dp carb, comp cams extreme energy XE284H cam, flow master exhaust, pan fill c4 with Broader performance manual reverse pattern valve body and 500hp kit, Edge Racing 3000 stall converter.  9in nodular 3.73 with True track, AAW harness, All new suspension parts ,interior and a  bunch of new sheet metal..........

Also should I put the Mach 1 stripes on?

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

Agreed, I would do either red stripes and leave the black wheels or no stripes and a wheel with something else besides just black.  Either way car looks awesome.  

You could leave it like it is for selling as the new owner may want to do something different with the stripes or the wheels.  Red stripes might not be for everyone.  

I think you would be int hat 35-40K range as well.  Good luck with the sale.  

IMO they need stripes. Ditch the black wheels- they obviously appeal to you but narrow your market. Go with something classic- couldn't go wrong with Magnums. Lots of nice goodies. If it appears more like a classic it will appeal to more people and should fetch a higher price. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the replies.  As far as the wheels go, the car was intended to be passed on to my son and that was the look he wanted.   

That would be outstanding if I get anywhere near those prices for the car.

Is there any info on how to place the stripes on the car dimensionally speaking?

And who sells a quality stripe kit ?

Nice car.  I would do a some simple things before selling it.  These are just my opinions.  But simply to make it look like it wasn't only driven 1/4 mile at a time.  Put the Mach 1 stripes on it.  Change the wheels to something not black.  Maybe something like a Mini Lite if you don't want the standard Magnum 500's that are often installed.  Just something to break up the black a little.  On the interior, maybe reinstall the original shifter and a different steering wheel.  It looks like a vary expensive shifter. But again, I only mention the shifter so it doesn't look like the car didn't spend it's life going a 1/4 mile at a time.  Underhood looks good, nice and clean.  I wouldn't do much there.  A drop base 14" air cleaner if it will fit and different water pump and crank pulleys.

It is a nicely built car.  But price is tough.  It will take somebody with similar taste to pay top dollar.  Mine is mostly stock.  After speaking with a local classic car dealer, these cars are most valuable and easiest to sell with a numbers matching drive train, still original, or restored back to original.

I personally like the gold stripes better on a black Mach 1.  If your selling, see about having the wheels powdered coated in a aluminum or chrome/polished aluminum color.  Might be cheaper than buying new wheels.

I agree with keeping the red accent theme. Mach 1 red stripe kit would finish this nicely.

Since it's not a stock Mach 1, I wouldn't go back to factory steel wheels. Black wheel are not everyone's taste, so a rim change should improve your chances of finding a wider group of buyers. Maybe consider the new wheels that look like the older wheels with a modern spin on rim sizes, etc. The 17 inch cast aluminum magnum wheels look really great and would break up all the black.

In terms of price, where you live is a factor. I believe the pricing people have been throwing out isn't unreasonable. 

BTW, the car looks great!

I agree with RPM, if you get an offer in the low 30K range as the car currently is, that would be a good selling price.  At close to 28K I'd cringe, but take it.  One thing is for certain, you cannot gauge the value of these cars by the high selling prices seen at some auctions.

I don't mean to sound negative because like most of us, you likely have much more invested in it.  But, as I will be selling mine in the future, I have learned that most people with enough disposable cash to buy these cars completed are in the late 40's to mid 50's age group.  They tend to prefer that cars of this era, Ford, GM, or Mopar, in close to original or in original condition.  That is, at least until they drive it for a while and realize a 1969 car doesn't drive like a 2017 car.  Mine is close to original, just some bolt on engine parts, rear leaf, and front coil spings are aftermarket. But now that selling it is in my future, I wish I would have done an original restoration. 

4 hours ago, sstry1969 said:

Got an offer for 25k cash on Sunday.  Seems a little low.  I will be ordering the red stripe kit this week.  

yes hold out for more $. The buyer is trying to low ball you . don't fall for it. your car is too nice for that low! 

Exporting cars like these has become a popular trend.  I don't like it.  Bothers me for some reason.  Maybe because there are fewer remaining in the United States due to exporting.  But they will pay more for these cars so try to get top dollar if it's being sold to an exporter.

If it gets exported, does that make the remaining 1969 Mach 1's in the United States a little more valuable?