Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

Carb Riser vacuum port and other vacuum questions

There is a very large port on the car spacer/riser.  What is this for?  

To get my car started I am going to cap it and put a clamp on it because I can't find a tight enough cap.  

I was missing my manifold vacuum riser after getting the manifold blasted so I got a new one installed with a single line going to the C4 transmission and a cap on the bigger port.  I have the larger port on the back of the carb going to the PCV and the metered port on the front of the carb going to the distributor.  I don't have power brakes.

I know I'll have to hook up lines for the AC and heater vents later, but just trying to start it for now.

The OD on the port is the same as the OD on the hose that connects to the PCV.  I think it would take a hose as big as the heater core hose to connect to that port.

When I got the car back from my dad and bother they had taken the riser off.  

That's why I put the spacer back on.  I do believe it was overheating the gas.  The 3/8" fuel line does connect to the port on the back of the carb but not to the one on the spacer.  Who knows if I have an original spacer but it measures pretty close to 9/16" in diameter.  If I used a hose that big it wouldn't fit on the PCV I have.

I will cap the port on the spacer.