RPM

69 Front Bumper to Valance Bracket Fit Help

Does this short S shaped bracket go in front of or behind the valance or "stone guard"? Again my Jim Osbourne manual is of no help. Some of the crappy pics I located in my search look like it is on the front side of the valance. It so, why aren't they painted the body color? If it goes behind, there is no gap between the fender and fender extension/headlight bucket at its location for the bucket and valance to sit flush. I'm so confused!

IMG_20170721_151500.thumb.jpg.6cf1436891eb2955db7ac59ff4df1a8f.jpgIMG_20170721_151532.thumb.jpg.1ef653abbb78719db8832e8152b46d21.jpg

I am pretty sure it goes just like u have it. The square hole I think had a metal captured nut and of coures I didn't have them when I was installing mine so I used a nylon one. Do u have OEM bumper or repo/

On the outside like the top picture.  I cut a small piece of thin rubber to put in between the brace and the valence and used a stainless socket head bolt to attach it.  I think they were black from the factory? All of the ones I have taken off have been rust colored though.  You can't really see them when everything is bolted together unless you really look for them. 

The parts car I bought, actually had push in neo inserts, a lot like on a licensed plate, with fine thread bolts with 7/16 head. I used the 2 small chrome bolts that came with the bumper bolt kit from CJs

On 7/21/2017 at 8:27 PM, Caseyrhe said:

The parts car I bought, actually had push in neo inserts, a lot like on a licensed plate, with fine thread bolts with 7/16 head. I used the 2 small chrome bolts that came with the bumper bolt kit from CJs

Interesting. You wouldn't need a piece of rubber under the bracket with the inserts.

I know this is an old thread, and I apologize in advance. But I'm currently installing the front side bumper brackets and I am not for sure witch way the nut goes into the valance. It looks like the nut would be installed from the back side of the valance with the fingers facing / gripping on the outside of valance. I have a picture of the nuts below that I have. Any help would be appreciated!

side bumper bracket bolts.jpg

2 hours ago, WEEKEND CRUISER said:

I know this is an old thread, and I apologize in advance. But I'm currently installing the front side bumper brackets and I am not for sure witch way the nut goes into the valance. It looks like the nut would be installed from the back side of the valance with the fingers facing / gripping on the outside of valance. I have a picture of the nuts below that I have. Any help would be appreciated!

"It looks like the nut would be installed from the back side of the valance with the fingers facing / gripping on the outside of valance." is the correct answer if you are going to use those nuts.

1 hour ago, Brian Conway said:

Just took a look at what mine looks like.  Apparently I used the ' captive ' nut but didn't like the fit so put a teflon nut on top of it.  Brian

Where is the cotter pin? :)