Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

Talk about a bad day!!

I know this is a 69-70 Stang forum, but bought a 51 Chevy truck earlier this year, against my better judgement but wife said I had to buy it. Well, worked on it last night for about 5 hours, then 4 more this am. A motor won't run with a cracked block and head, guess it didn't have any antifreeze in it one winter. Moral of the story, don't buy a vehicle that don't hold wtr. I can tell ya though, Ford tools work on Chevys. Anybody want to buy a truck

Well, I've thought about that. Have an extra working 390/C6/9", but then u get into changing out the steering-suspension, and then I'm way upside down. I'm thinking sale it and buy another Stang. 

If it's the original 6, those motors are everywhere for sale cheap.  No one wants them.  I have a 63 F100 with a 223 six in it.  Oil pump stopped working when wife was driving it.  She stopped when the truck stopped. Found complete running drop in motor for $250 on Cragislist.  Me and my brother in law swapped them in about 4 hours.  All we needed was 2 sizes of sockets and same size wrenches and 2 screw drivers to do it all.

I was gonna sell it but my 3 year old keeps calling it her truck.  Now I am thinking just keeping it for her.  Then swapping out the 6 for a 4.6 or something before she gets it.

2 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

Not as available and cheap as one would think, I finding crap for 3-700.00 and then ??? From 7-1500.00 pre greased up on the exterior.  What was I thinking when I bought the thing

I love those trucks.  I bought my son a 1965 C10 a few years ago.  He was 7 at the time.  Him and I are going to start working on it in a few years after I finish his older sisters 62 Rambler.  He turns 10 tomorrow.  I was looking at a 53 chevy a few months ago.  I tried to buy it, but around Cincinnati the prices are just stupid high for those in fairly rough shape.  I was gonna buy it and give him the option between the 2.  If you were closer I'd prob be interested cracked motor and all.  I'd rip it out and put a 5.3 or 383 in it.

Well I did get a few leads today, won't know on the one I really want..till end of month- 67 235 six, with a powerglide, and rear end. Came out of an apache. The conv kit would be fairly cheap. Going to a V8 requires changing out the front suspension and steering. I don't have the room in my garage for that. My Mach needs her space!!

my hands get blistered too, working on orange things