Sign in to follow this  
Tain

1969 Door Tag

Carefully drill out the center of the original rivets, then either Marti, NPD, or other good Mustang parts companies sell a reproduction factory-style rivet to re-install it on your new door.  Is this what you are asking?

Theoretically you are never supposed to remove the dash VIN, because that is the legal means to identify the car.  If you are not worried about that, when the dash pad and windshield is out, drill out the rivets and re-install where applicable.

2 minutes ago, Machspeed said:

Thanks, but it's going out to be media blasted. Was thinking about removing it before it goes off for the process. I suppose I could tape it up real good and speak to the people on this.  

That is exactly what I would do in that situation.  Use a heavy duty tape like "Gorilla Tape" and you should be OK.

5 minutes ago, mqu02 said:

That is exactly what I would do in that situation.  Use a heavy duty tape like "Gorilla Tape" and you should be OK.

Thanks! Relatively new here, ey? Already contributing too. Good to have you here.  

Thanks a lot, and kinda new, but I have learned so much through these forums as I have been working on my cars.  I am now trying to give back as a way of repaying all those that have helped me.

Just now, Caseyrhe said:

If you ship the beer, don't use UPS, lmao. 

No worries on that one.  They do their best to beat up our inbound stuff at work, so I have learned my lesson.

4 hours ago, Brian Conway said:

You could always ask the painter at the Mustang Shoppe on Poplar how he got the tag off my 65 ?  Believe me I was speechless when they handed me that tag.  It was more about why than how ?  Brian

65 Door Warranty Tag OE 1.JPG

I would have been livid at seeing that.  Any shop that knows anything about Mustangs should know how irreplaceable a 65-66 door tag is to proving the originality of the car.  I really feel for you, and I sure hope they do better work on the rest of your car (or I would be looking for another shop ASAP).