Mach1 Driver

A REAL Schematic

1 hour ago, mackseal said:

Thanks for re-posting this. It will help greatly. Since I have none of the options listed for fuse 2, I guess that will be the best and easiest location to wire the EFT power source to. Is there a method or devise recommended to plug a pig tail directly into the fuse well (instead of tapping into or splicing the wire coming off it)?

Thanks gain for you help.

Mine has an accessory plug that is unused and ready to plug into that is already attached to fuse #2. There is only one wire feeding the plug but it has three outlets- presumably all connected together. Take a look and see the ID of the connector. I tried a Dorman 0.157 male bullet #85434 and it snapped in but didn't feel snug. You may want to try Dorman 0.176 #86457. I know that their 0.187 is too big, but I didn't have the 0.176 to try.

If that doesn't work you can tie directly into the wire, solder and tape it. Whose EFI are you using? Don't forget a rollover switch.

Thanks.  it is a Holley Sniper kit.  So far it seems fairly plug and play. The only difficult part so far has been confirming a switched 12 volt source (only on when the engine is running) and how to route all the extra wiring required (trying to keep it as stock looking as possible). 

I edited page 5 again (see post 1 above) to show several ways to connect to the fuse panel. For instance, fuse #2 is on in ("accy" and "on") and good for loads like radios, etc. The bottom of the page shows how to connect for something like an EFI that you only want on in ("start" and "on"). 

Very good.  Now on a 1970, the empty fuse area is now filled with an input line coming directly from the ignition switch (RUN-only) and the output goes to the dash cluster, the white female large bullet plug beyond the firewall with a greyish green wire, and the 3 prong molex plug near the fuse box.  Many of the 69 and 70 headlight harnesses have a green/red wire with a female bullet coming out of the voltage regulator plug that can be used for RUN-only lines in the engine compartment.